- 4 cups of cake flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating:
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the coconut coating:
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before removing it and cutting it into squares.
- To make the chocolate coating, sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the boiling water and vanilla extract.
- Pour the butter mixture into the sugar and cocoa powder, and stir until smooth.
- Dip each cake square into the chocolate coating and then roll it in the shredded coconut.
- Place the lamingtons on a wire rack and allow the chocolate to set before serving