● 2 cups all-purpose flour
● 2 tsp baking powder
● 1 tsp salt
● 4 large eggs, separated
● 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
● 1 3/4 cup milk
● 2 tsp vanilla extract
● Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and mix in the melted butter, milk, and vanilla
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Grease the waffle iron with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the waffles from the iron and place them on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit,
whipped cream, or maple syrup.
Enjoy your homemade Belgian Brussels Waffles!
Note: You can also add sugar or cinnamon to the batter for extra flavor.