● 2 cups of glutinous rice flour
● 1/2 cup of sugar
● 1/2 cup of water
● 1/2 cup of coconut milk
● 1/4 tsp of salt
● Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour, sugar, salt, water and coconut
milk. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a deep pan over medium heat.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it into a small ball.
- Flatten the dough ball and make a small hole in the center of it.
- Carefully place the dough into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Serve hot or cold with your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your homemade Kuih Keria!
Note: The dough can also be shaped into different shapes like a donut or a stick.
Kuih Keria is also commonly referred as Gula Melaka doughnuts or sugar doughnuts.