● 2 cups of masarepa (pre-cooked corn flour)
● 2 cups of warm water
● 1/2 cup of grated queso fresco or mozzarella cheese
● 1/4 cup of butter, melted
● 2 tablespoons of sugar
● 1 teaspoon of salt
● 1/4 cup of cornstarch (for dusting)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the masarepa, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Slowly pour in the warm water, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Once the dough is well mixed, add the melted butter and grated cheese. Mix until well
- Dust a clean work surface with cornstarch.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Form the dough into small balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake the pandebonos for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and sound hollow
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. These are best served with a cup of hot coffee or
Enjoy your delicious Colombian Pandebono!