● 1 cup all-purpose flour
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
● 1 cup granulated sugar
● 5 eggs
● 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
● 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
● 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
● 1 cup heavy cream
● 1/4 cup sugar
● Whipped cream or sliced strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and
heavy cream. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until well combined.
- Once the cake has cooled, use a fork to poke holes in the top of the cake. Slowly pour the
milk mixture over the cake, making sure that the liquid is absorbed evenly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the 1/4 cup sugar and cream until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sliced strawberries (if desired) before serving.
Note: You can also add some vanilla extract to the whipped cream for extra flavor.