● 1 cup tamarind pulp
● 1 cup sugar
● 1/4 cup butter
● 1/4 tsp baking powder
● 1/4 tsp baking soda
● 1/4 tsp salt
● 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tamarind pulp, sugar, and butter. Mix until well
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the tamarind mixture, mixing until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20
minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the tamarind balls cool completely before serving.
● Tamarind pulp can be found in most international grocery stores or online.
● If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour until it becomes easier to work with.
● It is a traditional sweet confectionery from Barbados. It is a ball-shaped sweet made
from tamarind paste. It is a very traditional sweet and is enjoyed by many people in
Barbados and other Caribbean islands.
● The outer layer is sweet and sticky, while the inside is tangy and chewy, with a unique