● 2 cups all-purpose flour
● 2 teaspoons baking powder
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
● 1 egg
● 1/2 cup milk
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1 cup guava jelly or jam
● 1/4 cup sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan. Spread the guava jelly or jam over the
batter. Add the remaining batter on top of the jelly.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it and placing it on a
wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the Guava Duff warm or at room temperature, with a dollop of whipped cream or a
scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Bahamian Guava Duff!