● 2 cups all-purpose flour
● 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
● 1/4 tsp salt
● 1/4 tsp saffron threads (crushed)
● 3/4 cup warm water
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
● 1/4 cup date syrup or honey
● Sesame seeds, for coating
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and crushed saffron. Stir to
- Slowly add the warm water and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm
place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, ghee, and date syrup or honey. Cook over low
heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it into small balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Dip each ball of dough in the sugar mixture, then roll it in sesame seeds.
- Place the balls of dough on a greased baking sheet and press them down slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Enjoy your Bahrain Luqaimat!
-You can also deep fry the dough balls if you prefer.
-You can add some spices like cardamom or cinnamon to the dough for extra flavor.
-If you want to add some sweetness you can also add some powdered sugar after you finish