- 500g of flour
- 300ml of warm water
- 1 tsp of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Slowly add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and knead for about 10-15 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for about 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into small balls (about the size of a golf ball).
- Flatten each ball of dough into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush the surface of the dough circle with vegetable oil.
- Fold the dough circle into a square shape.
- Roll out the square dough again, into a thin sheet.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Cook the Msemen for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with honey or jam.