● 2 cups glutinous rice
● 2 cups water
● 1/2 cup coconut milk
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 1/4 tsp salt
● banana leaves (for wrapping)
- Rinse the glutinous rice several times until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in water for
at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Drain the rice and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Heat the
mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is fully dissolved. Pour
the mixture over the rice and stir until well combined.
- Cut the banana leaves into large squares, and use them to line a steamer basket.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the center of each banana leaf square, shaping it into a small
round cake. Fold the edges of the banana leaf up and over the rice to create a little
- Place the steamer basket over a pot of boiling water and steam the cakes for 20-25
minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked and tender.
- Carefully remove the cakes from the steamer and let them cool for a few minutes before
unwrapping and serving. Num Ansorm can be eaten as a snack or a dessert.
Enjoy your delicious Num Ansorm!